ID Theft Benefit
Members have the option of taking advantage of ESCU’s identity theft benefit. The ID theft benefit assists ESCU members who have been the victim of fraud, identity theft, a stolen purse or wallet. The benefit costs just .99 each month and covers everyone living in the members’ household.
Think you don’t need identity theft protection? Think again.
Identity theft is consistently the number one complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. Rampant data breaches, affecting millions of records, are putting consumers at great risk of identity theft. It can happen to anyone—regardless of your age and income, where you live, or how careful you are.
Restoring your identity on your own can be time-consuming and stressful. After a while, some people give up, leaving them contend with the aftermath of identity theft for years to come, including fraudulent bills, collections activity, damaged credit and even criminal records.
ESCU is delighted to provide our share account holders with access to Identity Theft Recovery Services.
We have partnered with one of the nation’s most trusted names in identity theft protection to provide you with access to a comprehensive suite of services to address fraud caused by identity theft if it happens to you or your family member. These services include:
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Research, Remediation and Recovery – If you suspect identity theft, or if your personal information becomes compromised, we will assign you to a professional, certified and licensed Recovery Advocate will complete the recovery work on your behalf, report progress along the way, and be there for you until your good name is restored – no matter how long it takes! This service extends to cover you and up to three generations of family! Click here for complete Terms and Conditions
- If you become a victim or suspect you might be a victim of identity theft for any reason, simply let us know. You do not have to confirm identity fraud before seeking assistance. We will put you in touch with a professional Recovery Advocate who, depending on your identity fraud incident, will:
- Perform research to determine the extent of the problem, including a review of all three credit reports (if appropriate)
- Assist with the placement of fraud alerts with the three major credit bureaus
- Write letters/ make calls on your behalf to dispute fraudulent information
- Coordinate with government agencies, financial institutions, creditors, etc. to resolve incidents
- Work with law enforcement to help to arrest and prosecute the criminal
- Follow up for 12 months after recovery
- This service covers all types of identity fraud, even if it is not related to your accounts with ESCU! Types of identity fraud covered include: credit/debit card fraud, tax fraud, employment fraud, government documents and benefits fraud, medical fraud, and any other identity fraud recognized by the Federal Trade Commission.
- Lost Document Replacement – this service provides personalized one-on-one assistance to replace identity credential documents that have been lost, stolen or destroyed in connection with your identity fraud event.
- Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance – you may receive reimbursement for out of pocket expenses incurred during the identity recovery process up to a maximum of $10,000, including reimbursement for lost wages, attorney’s fees, and other expenses. Click here for Evidence of Coverage.